The U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association (USLMRA) offers a a 3rd Tier of its award-wining, pioneering “Cutting Edge” organized lawn mower racing program!
USLMRA Affiliated Clubs (ACs) are offered across the country as the USLMRA meets the demand for organized and safe lawn mower racing at home tracks, municipal properties and local venues.
As the nation’s oldest and most experienced national lawn mower racing sanctioning body, pioneering American lawn mower racing national sanctioning in 1992, the USLMRA adds a “3rd Tier” to complement its STA-BIL National Lawn Mower Racing Series and Local Chapter System.
Affiliated Clubs are for folks who want to organize a group of racers to race safely and locally while following USLMRA build and tech rules in a flexible, non-binding manner.
Whereas racing mowers in the STA-BIL National Lawn Mower Racing Series and Local Chapter System follow USLMRA build and tech rules with 100% compliance, an Affiliated Club can have some flexibility in their Build and Tech rules, as long as USLMRA safety mandates are adhered to with 100% compliance.
Affiliated Clubs Are For
- Groups of racers wishing to race locally on a home track, and not travel.
- Race tracks wishing to host sanctioned USLMRA events.
- Venues seeking weekly or monthly races
- Groups wishing to get into lawn mower racing with the goal of becoming a USLMRA Local Chapter
- Groups wanting insurance
Benefits of Becoming a USLMRA Affiliated Club
The USLMRA has been around for 16 years and knows what works and what doesn’t. We’ll help promote events and will help with technical details in setting up mowchines and race tracks. USLMRA is the most popular lawn mower racing web site in the nation, appearing Number 1 in prominent search engines such as Google.com and MSN.com
- National Leadership
USLMRA was founded in 1992, with National Leadership in place since 1991, under the direction of a Board of Directors. USLMRA is professionally managed, with staff available every day.
The USLMRA preaches safety in our sleep! We are very safety conscious. The 16-year USLMRA safety record is impeccable. Taking safety very seriously protects all members, partners, sponsors, host venues and spectators.
The USLMRA provides spectator liability and participant accident coverage.
- Affiliated Club Network
USLMRA maintains ongoing communication with all Affiliated Clubs and Local Chapter Presidents via message boards and forums to exchange ideas, success stories, promotional and marketing materials and knowledge. This collective knowledge is second to none in the world of lawn mower racing!
- Race Day Operations
Guidance and support in areas including track set up, race day personnel, venue relations, etc.
- USLMRA Staff Relations
Access to USLMRA Regional Directors. Access to and consultation with USLMRA Race Stewards and Technical Inspectors.
- Regional Directors
USLMRA Regional Directors are veteran lawn mower racers and lawn mower race promoters, with experience in running USLMRA Local Chapters and Affiliated Clubs and hosting numerous local and national race events.
- North / Northwest: Lee Vine, Home-651-501-5820, Cell-612-269-1127, email@example.com, www.mownorth.com
- South / Southeast: Kerry Evans, 251/645-2942, firstname.lastname@example.org
- East / Northeast: Tom Lavalette, Home-717-684-3244, Cell-717-989-6224, email@example.com, www.palmra.com
- Midwest: Tracy Donihue, Cell-517-398-2041, firstname.lastname@example.org, , www.milmra.com
- Documents and Materials (Copyrighted)
USLMRA will provide some or all of the following information and materials:
- General: USLMRA Operations Manual Introduction, Race Administration Procedures, Day of Event Check List, Race Personnel, USLMRA Race Day, Creating A Track, Track Diagrams, USLMRA Registration Procedures, USLMRA Flag Manual, USLMRA Technical Inspection Sheet, USLMRA Grid Sheet, USLMRA Membership Application, USLMRA Event Check List, Odds and Ends
- Media / Sponsorship / Promotional Materials
- Application Process
- Contact one of the above Regional Directors as listed above.
- Once approved, sign an Affiliate Club Agreement.
- You will then receive Information from USLMA and NKA.
- No fee paid to USLMRA
- $75.00 paid annually to National Karting Alliance
- Per race insurance payment