Westward MOW will be the call as lawn mower racers converge in Estacada, Oregon over the 4th of July holiday for the STA-BIL Pacific Coast Summer Nationals and U.S. Pacific Coast Open.
Estacada Area Community Events (EACE) and STA-BIL® brand Fuel Stabilizer will present the 2nd annual STA-BIL Pacific Coast Summer Nationals and U.S. Pacific Coast Open, July 3-5 at the 4th of July Festival in Estacada, Oregon, July 4-5, at the Mow Bang Raceway, 30900 SE Eagle Creek Rd, in Estacada, Oregon for three days of sod slinging action. Racing takes place 2:00-8:00pm on July 4 and 6:30pm on July 5 as well as test & tune on July 3. Parking is $10.00 per carload, with free spectator admission.
Located about 30 miles outside of Portland, the Mow Bang Raceway is a custom-built lawn mower racing track nationally recognized as one of the nation’s premier racing facilities and the home of the only U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association (USLMRA) Sanctioned National Event west of the Rocky Mountains.
Lawn mower racers are expected from the Mount Hood Lawn Mower Racers, an Oregon-based USLMRA Affiliated Club, the Sportsman’s Grass Car Lawn Mower Racing Association from Wamic, Oregon, The Sac Valley Mower Racers from Sacramento, the Anza, California-based Pacific Coast Lawn Mower Racing Association, the Sequim Lawn Mower Racers from Sequim, Washington and the Port Hadlock Superstock Lawn Mower Racing Association from Port Hadlock, Washington as well as sod stompers from Alabama, Idaho, Illinois and Kansas.
Both the STA-BIL and U.S. Open Races will have full-computerized Timing & Scoring provided by EOP Pro Event Timing & Scoring. There will be no transponder fees.
For the STA-BIL Races, machines will be subject to build and safety requirements as per USLMRA Rulebook. For the U.S. Open Races, racers will not have to make technical modifications to their machines. The U.S. Open races are open to any mower deemed safe by USLMRA Tech Staff and that meets all USLMRA Safety Standards (see USLMRA Rule Book). Contact USLMRA VP Kerry Evans at 251.421.1957 or Estacada Tech Inspector Bob Newman at 209-481-1150 for pre-race mower approval.
There will be tow money available for racers who Pre Register by Thursday, June 28. Tow money allocation will be announced soon after June 28. You must pre register to be eligible for tow money. Amounts to be determined based on pre-registration.
Event Location & Schedule
Estacada’s ‘Mow Bang Raceway’ is now a nationally recognized premier race track and only USLMRA NATIONAL EVENT west of the Rocky Mountains.
- July 2: Racers begin arriving and setting up in Pit Camp
- July 2: USLMRA Race officials arrive in the PM from around the country
- July 3: 5:00 AM Media Day Drew Carney KGW Channel 8
- July 3: Late afternoon & early evening Qualifying -Test & Tune
- July 3: 10:00 PM USLMRA newly released movie viewing “On Your Mark, Get Set, Mow: A Tale of Hope, Redemption & Lawn Mower Racing“
- July 4: 12:00 Noon Parade
- July 4: 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM Pacific Coast Open Nationals Lawn Mower Racing
- July 4: Between Heats/Races: Logging Competition, “Dick’s Logging Supply Lumber Jacks & Jills” the Ax throwing competition is Open for 50/50 Prize Money.
- July 4: 8:00 PM Live entertainment: Dan Richardson Performs
- July 4: 10:00 PM The Big Bang Fireworks Sky Show (Estacada is literally packed with many thousands of people from many places.)
- July 5: 6:30 PM Lawn Mower Trophy Racing
Schedule subject to change. For up to date race information and schedule please visit MHLMR.com. For a complete schedule of of Estacada’s 4th of July Big Bang Fun Festival please visit Estacada4thOfJuly.com and EstacadaAreaEvents.com.