The U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association will mow ‘em down Saturday, August 20 at 3:00pm and 7:30pm at the Westmoreland Fair, 123 Blue Ribbon Lane, Greensburg, PA 1560. Fair admission is $7.00 per person, free for children two and under. Grandstand admission is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children ages 3-12. Please note: Two (2) STA-BIL Series U.S. Points Races will be run August 20 in Greensburg!
We are mowtivated to kick some grass in the Keystone State. Lawn Mower Racing is very popular throughout the Northeast and we are expecting a great group of racers, including Sod Slingers from the Pennsylvania Lawn Mower Racing Association and the Central Pennsylvania (C.P.R.) Mowers. We’ll also have Open Class Racing for local folks and the CPR Class. More information about the CPR Class (not to be confused with the Central Pennsylvania Mowers – CPR, which is a CLUB!) can be found here. We’re also expecting group of racers from Butler County, PA home of the Slippery Rock Lawn Mower Racers who will run some exhibition laps. So bring it – the mow the merrier!
August 20th, 2011 Schedule of Events
- Registration: 10-12 am
- Tech: 10-12 am
- Drivers Meeting: 12:30 pm
- Practice and Time Trials: 12:30 pm
- Race #1: 3:00 pm
- Safety Tech: 6:00 pm
- Time Trials: 6:30 pm
- Race #2: 7:30 pm
Important Logistical Notes
- One (1) racer and two (2) family members are allowed into the pit area for free. Please note that the pit passes will allow them to get into the fair but carnival rides are not included and a ride pass can be purchased from the carnival customer service center.
- Racers will enter through the main entrance and then bear to the left to the pit gate
- Racers may stay overnight on Friday, August 19
- The (camping) fee is $10.00 per hook up and that is a one-time fee it is not a daily fee. The camp is across the road from the grandstand arena and the opposite end of the fairgrounds its not far it is within walking distance. Sorry, but the camping spots cannot be reserved in advance. Racers can sleep in their trucks; they cannot put up small tents in the pit area.
- Racing order will be: JP, IMOW, AP, SP, CP, BP, FX, U.S. Open Single, U.S. Open Twin
- These races will use ROLLING STARTS AND TIME TRIALS.
Directions & Contact Info
View USLMRA Local Chapters & Affiliated Clubs in a larger map