It’s time to start packing (if you haven’t already!) for STA-BIL Nationals Weekend including the STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals and the U.S. Open, so we wanted to give you a few reminders of things to bring with you, and things you will not be allowed to bring. We also wanted to let the newbies to the Finals and U.S. Open know what to expect when you arrive. It makes everything go a lot smoother at Registration and Paddock if everyone is on the same page.
2011 STA-BIL Nationals Weekend Event Schedule
Friday, Sept. 2
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Seafood Throwdown* (Sponsored by EOP Pro)
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Registration
* WE NEED YOU TO RSVP FOR FOOD if you plan on attending the Seafood Throwdown! Please send an e-mail to Bruce@letsmow.com and let us know how many in your party. We do not want to run out of food! Meal tickets must be presented.
Saturday, Sept. 3
- 9:00-12 :00 AM: Registration & Tech Inspection – Any Mower
- 10:00-12:00 AM: Practice (Only After Racers Register & Pass Tech)
- 12:15-12:45 AM: Driver’s Meeting – All Racers
- 1:00 PM: Lunch – Trackside
- 1:00-4:00 PM: Time Trials / Practice – Any Mower
- 4:00 PM: Qualifying / Elimination / Heat Races If Needed – Finals Racers Only
- 7:00 PM: STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals*
*Taping for Fox Sports Net
Sunday, Sept. 4
- 9:00-11:00 AM: Racer Breakfast*, Awards Ceremony and Hall of Fame Inductions (Merchants Building)
- 11:30-12:30 AM: Registration & Tech Inspection (For Late Arrivals, or Racers Coming Sunday Only)
- 12:30-12:45 AM: Driver’s Meeting
- 1:00 PM: Qualifying / Elimination / Heat Races – U.S. Open
- 2:00 PM: The U.S. Open
* WE NEED YOU TO RSVP FOR FOOD if you plan on attending the Racers Breakfast! Please send an e-mail to Bruce@letsmow.com and let us know how many in your party. We do not want to run out of food! Meal tickets must be presented.
Things To Bring
- Bring your photo ID for registration and so that we can issue you a transponder. You must leave your Driver’s License with us when we give you a transponder. We will return your License when you return the transponder. Also, have a valid ID that states that you are of legal consumption age (if you are so inclined).
- Bring your medical and auto insurance cards, just in case.
- Bring a spare set of car keys.
- Bring sunscreen and bug spray.
- Spare Parts?
Things You Can’t Bring
- Do not bring any weapons, fireworks, nitrous oxide, illegal substances or anything else that is dangerous or illegal.
- Don’t bring firewood unless you live in the immediate area. The highly destructive Emerald Ash Borer is transported on firewood, and it has already invaded some parts of the state. Please buy firewood that comes from the area.
What Happens When You Arrive
View USLMRA Local Chapters & Affiliated Clubs in a larger map
Entering the Delaware County Fairgrounds or parking lots from US 2: Bear to the right through the Main Gate of the Fairgrounds and you will see pits and track on your right. Proceed to the pit area and setup in an orderly fashion. We are expecting a large participant turnout so be reverent when setting up your pit area (size). But don’t worry, we have plenty of pit area and overflow parking and pits. If you arrive in an RV and need electrical hook-up, stop by the Registration Table at Kerry Evans’ EOP Trailer. Kerry’s trailer serves as Race Command. Look for someone wearing an official laminate Staff Grass Pass and they can help you.
One Driver and Crew are free, all others must pay for insurance. You can purchase additional insurance wristbands at the registration table.
We are anticipating a large participant turnout so please, please, please, if you want to pit/camp together, arrive together or within a reasonable amount of time. If this is not possible, you can save a reasonable put space for your buddies. We understand that this may not always work out that great but it will reduce the amount of jockeying around trucks trailers and vehicles to accommodate everyone.
What to Expect
- Showers M&F are available onsite.
- Pump Station
Pit speed 5 mph. regardless of what you are driving.
What Is Expected of You
- Everyone, including Drivers Track Staff and Spectators, are expected to adhere to all aspects of the USLMRA Rule book at all times. See: Code of Conduct
- Mutual respect of others, including: Drivers, Track Staff and Spectators.
- We are anticipating participants from all walks of life and racing let’s be respectful of each other.
See you there! BRING IT!