It’s hard to believe Labor Day Weekend is coming up! With the STA-BIL Lawn & Garden Mower Racing Series and USLMRA Chapter and Club Racing Programs still in full swing, Mid Summer is time to start thinking about the 19th STA-BIL Nationals Weekend in Delaware, Ohio.
Again in 2011 for the U.S. Open, we are inviting everyone from everywhere, USLMRA member or not! All that been to a STA-BIL National USLMRA event in the past few years has seen the awesome Timing & Scoring system that Kerry Evans of EOP Pro provides to the USLMRA. Kerry and staff have assured me that they have us covered for the weekend, no matter how big the race field gets. We will also have enough race stewards, tech inspectors, flaggers, track maintenance people and support staff on hand to deliver a well-run event. The weekend will include:
- 19th Annual STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals*
- 4th Annual Performance Mowersports Expo**
- 3rd Annual National Lawn Mower Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies
- 2nd Annual U.S. Open (Pre-register here!)
* The STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals will be taped for Fox Sports Net, and will air in October with exact dates to be announced.
** PME Vendors will set up in or adjacent to the Race Pits with easy access for racers. There will be no set hours for the PME this year, as it will now take place all weekend at the discretion of the vendors. The Performance Mowersports Expo will bring together manufacturers, suppliers, builders and related product and service providers in the lawn mower racing industry.
STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals: September 3rd, 2011
Racers in the STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals must qualify by class competing in at least one (1) lap in each of two (2) USLMRA STA-BIL National Lawn Mower Racing Series US Points Races. Note – competing in Local Chapter races no longer factors into qualifying for Nationals Weekend.
The Top Ten racers in points in each class will grid by descending order, 1st – 10th in Points. The remainder of the field will qualify through elimination or qualifying heat(s). If elimination heats are not required for a particular class, a gridding heat may be ran.
In the event of a tie for the Top Ten point positions, the following tiebreakers will be applied in this numerical order:
- Most STA-BIL Series US Points Races competed in.
- Highest top five finish at a STA-BIL Points race
- Most top five finishes.
- Drawing of “lots”
2nd Annual U.S. Open: Sunday, September 4th, 2011
On Sunday, September 4, 2011, the USLMRA will host the 2nd annual U.S. Open, an Open Invitational. The U.S. Open will afford a wide range of lawnmower racers an opportunity to participate in USLMRA Nationals Weekend without having to qualify for the USLMRA STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals. The U.S. Open is a free event! Racers will pay no race fees, and USLMRA membership is not required to participate. We will feed racers and families all weekend and we will provide each racer with a cool souvenir. 1st-5th Place trophies will be awarded for the U.S. Open. The U.S. Open will have full computerized Timing & Scoring provided by EOP Pro. There will be no transponder fees.
At U.S. Open racers must have participated in organized/sanctioned lawnmower racing of some sort within the 24 months previous to the US Open. These racers may be required to provide proof in the form of official results from previous races. The U.S. Open is open to any USLMRA-legal mower, USLMRA Local Chapter (LC)/Affiliated Club (AC) mower or, any mower deemed safe by USLMRA Tech Staff. No roll cages. Open to all mowers that meet all USLMRA Safety Standards, see USLMRA Rule Book – No Exceptions!
We want ALL groups out there to be allowed to compete in the U.S. Open. We have created a set of rules designed to allow just about any reasonable type of mower to compete. Please contact us with any questions about your mower’s eligibility, or your participation in the weekend!
2011 STA-BIL Nationals Weekend Event Schedule
Friday, Sept. 2
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Seafood Throwdown* (Sponsored by EOP Pro)
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Registration
* WE NEED YOU TO RSVP FOR FOOD if you plan on attending the Seafood Throwdown! Please send an e-mail to Bruce@letsmow.com and let us know how many in your party. We do not want to run out of food! Meal tickets must be presented.
Saturday, Sept. 3
- 9:00-12 :00 AM: Registration & Tech Inspection – Any Mower
- 10:00-12:00 AM: Practice (Only After Racers Register & Pass Tech)
- 12:15-12:45 AM: Driver’s Meeting – All Racers
- 1:00 PM: Lunch – Trackside
- 1:00-4:00 PM: Time Trials / Practice – Any Mower
- 4:00 PM: Qualifying / Elimination / Heat Races If Needed – Finals Racers Only
- 7:00 PM: STA-BIL Keeps Gas Fresh Finals*
*Taping for Fox Sports Net
Sunday, Sept. 4
- 9:00-11:00 AM: Racer Breakfast*, Awards Ceremony and Hall of Fame Inductions (Merchants Building)
- 11:30-12:30 AM: Registration & Tech Inspection (For Late Arrivals, or Racers Coming Sunday Only)
- 12:30-12:45 AM: Driver’s Meeting
- 1:00 PM: Qualifying / Elimination / Heat Races – U.S. Open
- 2:00 PM: The U.S. Open
* WE NEED YOU TO RSVP FOR FOOD if you plan on attending the Racers Breakfast! Please send an e-mail to Bruce@letsmow.com and let us know how many in your party. We do not want to run out of food! Meal tickets must be presented.
2011 Season Awards
The USLMRA needs your vote and essay for our prestigious awards, which are determined by vote of the membership. Click here to vote online, or click here to print a form. Rookie of the Year, Adult and JP racers must have raced during the 2011 racing season and must be his or her’s first racing season. Rookie of the Year Candidates for JP and Adult Classes can be found by clicking here. Here are the voting categories:
- Most Improved
- Dave Hertel Mowtivational Award
- Charles Powell Mr. Mowjangles Award
- Dubba G Everyman Award
- Mace Mullins Crew Chief Award
THE DEADLINE FOR VOTING IS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2011, AT 9:00 A.M! Please note, ONLY one voting sheet for each USLMRA registered member. If you vote twice, both votes will be disqualified. Winners of each category will be announced at the USLMRA Awards Ceremony on Sunday morning.
Track Location and Venue Info
The USLMRA will return to the Delaware County Fairgrounds, in Delaware, MOWhio, Sept. 2-4, Labor Day Weekend, for the 19th annual STA-BIL Nationals Weekend. Visit delawarecountyfair.com for mow info on what a great facility this is.
View USLMRA Local Chapters & Affiliated Clubs in a larger map